ACTIVITY PERIOD: Maximum duration contract - 30.09.2024
ACTIVITY RATE: 60-100%
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 February 2023
The Small Arms Survey — a global centre of excellence whose mandate is to generate evidence-based, impartial, and policy-relevant knowledge on all aspects of small arms and armed violence — is seeking a project assistant to be based in its Geneva offices to work on the European Union (EU)–League of Arab States (LAS) phase II project (see EU Council Decision (CFSP) 2021/1726 of 28 Sept. 2021).
Mission and activities
- Support the implementation of EU-LAS project activities.
- Assist with the planning and organization of project events, including the travel for those events (in particular, in-person and online training programmes).
- Assist with outreach vis-à-vis LAS countries, as well as other project partners (including the distribution of project publications).
- As requested, provide other assistance to the Project Officer-Management and Project Coordinator in support of the project.
- A university graduate degree in international relations, political science, conflict or security studies, or other related areas;
- 1-3 years of professional experience;
- Interest in and familiarity with security issues;
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills (written and spoken); working French an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Ability to travel to Arab countries if required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.