Small Arms Survey Podcast #46: Conflict and peacebuilding in Libya: the role of women
This episode of the Small Arms Survey podcast series focuses on Libyan female fighters and the role of women during the Libyan conflict and post-conflict peacebuilding, as part of the Survey’s Security Assessment in North Africa (SANA) project. The discussants are:
- Hasnaa El Jamali, Small Arms Survey consultant who has conducted original research with Libyan women who were active during and after the 2011 revolution;
- David Lochhead, Small Arms Survey consultant with wide experience on security sector reform, border security, and peacekeeping in different parts of Africa with the United Nations; and
- Manal Taha, Small Arms Survey consultant and northern Africa regional expert with extensive knowledge on violent extremist, stabilization, and conflict resolution.
For more, check out our publications on Libya:
- Who's Fighting Whom in Tripoli: How the 2019 Civil War is Transforming Libya's Military Landscape
- Capital of Militias: Tripoli's Armed Groups Capture the Libyan State