Small Arms Survey Podcast #44: Arms Control 2.0—Operationalizing SDG Target 16.4
In this episode of the Small Arms Survey podcast series, senior researcher and managing editor Glenn McDonald—author of our October 2017 Briefing Paper Arms Control 2.0—Operationalizing SDG Target 16.4—discusses how the implementation of international arms control instruments supports the aim of reducing illicit arms flows in line with Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Target 16.4.
For more on the UN small arms control process:
- Gaining Perspective: The UN Programme of Action’s Sixth Biennial Meeting
- One Meeting after Another: UN Process Update
For more on the SDGs:
- Global Violent Deaths 2017: Time to Decide (December 2017)
- Beyond the Battlefield: Towards A Better Assessment of the Human Cost of Armed Conflict (September 2017)
- Tracking Conflict-Related Deaths: A Preliminary Overview of Monitoring Systems (March 2017)
- Measuring Illicit Arms Flows: Ukraine (April 2017)
- Measuring Illicit Arms Flows: Niger (March 2017)
- Measuring Illicit Arms Flows: Honduras (November 2016)
- Measuring Illicit Arms Flows: Somalia (October 2016)
- A Gendered Analysis of Violent Deaths (November 2016)
The Small Arms Survey podcast series is also available on iTunes and Spotify. Subscribe or follow us to make sure you do not miss future episodes!