Unplanned Explosions at Munitions Sites (UEMS): Excess Stockpiles as Liabilities rather than Assets
Unplanned explosions at munitions sites (UEMS) are a significant safety concern for governments and a major security challenge for the international community.
This Handbook contains analysis of this data, with many helpful tables, figures, maps, and annexes. It serves three primary purposes, striving to:
- support best practice by explaining the scale and scope of the challenge that policy-makers face;
- encourage states to manage their stockpiles effectively;
- help generate better data capturing and record keeping; and
- serve as a reference tool and a training tool.
Available in: ENGLISH
- Learn more in our UEMS database
Have your say about Small Arms Survey resources: take 5 minutes to fill out our questionnaire.